Vermillion Township $25
Send check to Ashland County Chapter OGS
PO Box 681 Ashland, Ohio 44805-0681
Ohio Residents add tax at the rate charged in your county of residence
Shipping for 1 book $4.00
1. Eckley's Meeting House - (Union - Methodists and Lutherans) or Newman's - In 1816, a small log church was erected by George Eckley which was used by all denominations at first, but eventually passed to the Lutherans.
2. United Presbyterian Church of Hayesville was organized as early as 1832 as the Associate Congregation of Hayesville.
3. Methodist, Hayesville - built a church of unhewn logs about 1818 upon land owned by Joseph Boyd in 1863, where Mr. Boyd's mill stood.
4. Old School Presbyterian Church of Hayesville was organized in the fall of 1846 with Rev. Benjamin T. Lowe as minister.
5. Baptist Church was built in 1842 according to H.S. Knapp.
6. Methodist Episcopal or Hammond Church, Widowville - a "neat" frame building on the land of McClure Davis about a mile and a half from the south line of the township was built in 1852.
7. Salem Mennonite Church, or German Evangelical - This church in Sect. 5, Vermillion Twp., was founded by John Risser and his wife Catherine, separating from the Five Points group in 1833
8. German Evangelical Lutheran at the Risser Settlement was organized in 1860.
9. Vermillion Bethel, or Synagogue Church of God (Winebrenarian) was organized in 1835, near the east line of Vermillion Township, with about 20 members.
10. Weddel's Corners Baptist Church was organized in 1869.
11. Hershey or Oak Grove Church - German Baptist - in the northwest part of Vermillion Township was purchased from the German Reformed Lutherans about 1870.
12. Pleasant Ridge Mennonite Church - log church was located on the south side of TR 1806 east of CR 1095 (Steam Town Road) one mile west of SR 511