1. Evangelical Lutheran and German Reformed - Gierhart Settlement - on the east line of the township was organized in 1838
2. Evangelical Lutheran - Neff Church (later Trinity Lutheran Church) was organized in the fall of 1839 with Rev. W.J. Sloan, pastor
3. German Reformed - Ashland - Rev. Francis Ruth, of the New School, preached alternately with a German Reformed minister, to a small group assembled at the brick schoolhouse in Ashland beginning about 1832.
4. German Baptist (Brethren) or Dickey Church was located three miles southeast of Ashland.
5. Presbyterian - Montgomery, later Hopewell Church - The Old School Presbyterian Church was organized in 1817 calling the church "Montgomery".
6. Methodist Episcopal - meetings were held in 1823 at the residence of John Smith
7. First Presbyterian Church of Ashland was organized 29 Jul 1841 by members of Hopewell Church who wanted a choir as a part of their services.
8. Baptist Church in Ashland began meeting in homes about 1824 with Rev. John Rigdon as their stated minister.
9. Disciples of Christ or Campbellites - John Rigdon and Michael Riddle organized a Disciples Church in Ashland in 1824
10. Ashland City Church of the Brethren (Dunkard) was organized 22 May 1879.
11. Sherradden Methodist Episcopal Church was located in the eastern part of Montgomery Township and was built sometime between 1830 and 1835
12. United Brethren Church, Ashland was organized in 1867.
13. Ashland Evangelical Association, or Albright Church - Emmanuel - Charles Hammer started preaching in Ashland in 1832 in the Campbell home.
14. St. Edward's Catholic Church, Ashland was organized in 1863.
15. German Lutheran Church of Ashland - Peace Evangelical - German Lutherans built a brick church in Ashland at the corner of Broad and Main streets, dedicated 27 Dec 1868
Montgomery Township Snippets