Lyn-Way Restaurant was founded in 1951 by Frances (Mumaw) Plank and Merle (Shine) Plank.
Merle C. "Shine" Plank was born on 07 Jun 1913 died 06 Jul 1997, the son of Cloyd and Lorella Fox Plank.
He was employed as a Clerk, and later the owner of the Robin Hood Confectionery on Main St. A hang out for high school and college kids between 1932-1941.
They had two daughters Marlene and (Dave) Downie and Janet Stoops of Ashland. One son Ron and (Judy) Plank of Mansfield and one brother, Carl Plank of Ashland.
Merle Plank was employed (owned/started) as a Lyn-Way Drive Inn, in an old gas station, Ashland, OH between 1953-1980.
Mr. Plank was a member of the National Restaurant Association and Mid-City Restaurant Association.
In 1976 when her dad retired Janet Plank Stoops took over. In 1991 the building was enlarged and a new kitchen added.
Originally the restaurant offered pie and coffee and now has a full menu.
The Lyn-Way Restaurant is located at 1320 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland Ohio.