A new book by the Ashland Co Chapter OGS will be released in June 2000
called "Church Records of Ashland County, Ohio, Volume 1". Here is a
listing of churches in the county, first by township, and second, by
denomination. The book includes a short history of each church and actual
records from selected churches.
1. German Reformed and Evangelical Lutheran (Union) was built in June 1859
2. North Orange Methodist Episcopal was organized about 1848 with 11 members.
3. Canaan Church (Evangelical Lutheran and German Reformers - Union) was
constructed in the summer of 1850 on the farm of Samuel Maxheimer.
4. German Reformed and Methodist Episcopal Church (Union) - The church
building used by the German Reformed was built about 1839 on the north line
of Orange Township.
5. Old School Presbyterian, Orange was organized about 1834.
6. Methodist Episcopal, Orange - The building of the Methodist Episcopal
Church at Orange was begun in 1830 and completed in 1831.
7. United Brethren, Orange was built in 1854.
8. St. Jacob's German Reformed Church, Orange was constructed in 1853
9. Maple Grove or Beighley Church - German Baptist - was organized in 1860
with the meeting house built the same year on land given by John B. Myers.