MIFFLIN TOWNSHIP


1874

There is a book on Mifflin & Milton township available from the society
Mifflin & Milton Twp. 243 pp. $27
Send check to Ashland County Chapter OGS
PO Box 681 Ashland, Ohio 44805-0681
Ohio residents add 6.25%sales tax
Shipping for 1 book $3.50

Cemeteries

  • Zehner - Sunday - Zimmer
  • Ruffner - Ziemer - Zeemer - Seymour
  • Copus
  • Peterson - Vail
  • Mifflin
    A new book by the Ashland Co Chapter OGS will be released in June 2000 called "Church Records of Ashland County, Ohio, Volume 1". Here is a listing of churches in the county, first by township, and second, by denomination. The book includes a short history of each church and actual records from selected churches.

    MIFFLIN TOWNSHIP:


    1. Presbyterian or Mifflin Church - was organized in the summer of 1851
    2. Union Church at Mifflin was organized in Mar 1851 by John Lemon, Luke Selby, and Jonas Bolyeat, trustees
    3. Evangelical Lutheran or St. Michael's Congregation was the largest organization in the village of Petersburg (Mifflin). Rev. Francis J. Ruth began leading services in Petersburg as early as 1833
    4. Church of Jesus Christ at Seymour's Run was organized 12 Mar 1837 at the home of Joseph Arnold