A new book by the Ashland Co Chapter OGS will be released in June 2000
called "Church Records of Ashland County, Ohio, Volume 1". Here is a
listing of churches in the county, first by township, and second, by
denomination. The book includes a short history of each church and actual
records from selected churches.
1. Presbyterian Church of Clearcreek was organized 1 Jul 1833 by Rev Robert
2. Free Presbyterian Church of Savannah was organized 24 Feb 1851 by F.M.
3. United Presbyterian Church was organized in June 1858 by Rev. J.Y.
4. Associate Reformed Congregation of Savannah was organized in Sep 1831 by
Rev. James Johnston
5. Disciple Church or Bryte's Church was organized in
6. Ford's Meeting House - the Thomas Ford cabin was the meeting place for
the Methodist Episcopal Church, beginning about 1819
7. Haney's Meeting House, later Methodist Episcopal Church of Savannah -
the Methodists initially met at the home of Rev. James Haney, in what is
now Savannah, about 1815
8. Baptist Church was erected in what is now Savannah about 1830