Was born in Wayne County, Ohio, April 14, 1818. In early life he possessed no advantages of education beyond the district schools. The first eighteen years of his life were occupied in clearing the forests and in farm labor. Wages were low, and it took a long time to accumulate sufficient money to enter upon a course of study. He grew up in habits of industry and frugality, and these habits became a part of his mature years. His first effort was at school teaching. In 1840, he commenced the study of medicine with Dr. Harrison Armstrong, of Hayesville, in this county, and in 1842 attended medical lectures at Cincinnati. In 1843, he opened an office in Mifflin, of this county, where he remained three years. In April 1845, he married Miss Amanda A. Armentrout, of Hayesville, and opened an office in that place. In the winter of 1847-8 he attended a second course of lectures at Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, where he graduated. Shortly after his return, Dr. H. Armstrong, and Dr. S. Glass entered into partnership. This continued until the decease of Dr. Armstrong, which occurred in 1852. Dr. Glass continued in practice, a part of the time with Dr. Yocum, until he was elected State senator in 1861-2. He again resumed practice and continued until 1865, when he removed to Ashland, and formed a partnership with Dr. D. S. Sampsell in 1866, with whom he continued until his last illness. In the meantime he became a member of the Ohio State Medical association, and president of the Medical society of Ashland County. He died of congestion of the brain, February 26, 1873. Dr. Glass was a large, well-developed man, full six feet high, and would weigh about two hundred pounds. He had a large brain, a strong will, and tremendous endurance. He performed an uncommon amount of labor, in his practice, which was always quite extended. He accumulated a handsome fortune, and was esteemed a very thorough and successful physician. He was childless. His widow resides in Ashland.