From Medina County, Ohio, is believed to have been the third physician of Ashland. He arrived the winter of 1826. He continued in an active practice until 1837, when he located in the village of Orange, where his brother, Charles, was engaged in the mercantile business. He resided in Orange about two years, when he became a member of the Methodist Episcopal church, during a revival, and prepared to enter the ministry. He attended conference, and was assigned to a circuit. Upon returning home he was taken suddenly very sick, and died, after a brief illness. The doctor is represented as having been an excellent physician, and a man of many accomplishments. His untimely demise was much lamented.