Hopewell Cemetery - Orange Township
Ashland County Ohio
Contributed - Photography by Sid Curry
Hopewell Cemetery at junction of Ashland County Rd 500 and Township Rd 581
Zahnly family row 1 - Curry family row 2
Daniel, Eliza Jr, unknown Zahnly row 1 -
Joseph and Jane (Archbold) Curry row 2
Joseph and Jane arrived in Ashland in 1838 and eventually settled 1 mile north of Hopewell on SullivanTwp Rd 581 in about 1845
Hopewell Cemetery is located at the site of a former small church
which was erected about 1840 on the north line of Orange township.
It was used by the German Reformed and Methodist Episcopal denominations.
This cemetery is at the site of that old church one and one-fourth miles
west of state route 58 on the old township line road.
Horse and buggy
Probably a familiar sound and scene for those resting 150 years in Hopewell Cemetery