It is now the Christ United Methodist Church - 1140 Claremont Ave, Ashland, OH
The church newsletter has a picture of the dedication service for the present church on September 14, 1958. It was First E.U.B. Church of Ashland. In 1967 the E.U.B. and Methodist churches were united and the new name was Christ United Methodist Church. On Sunday, November 12th the church will celebrate the 150th anniversary of our church.
This picture was found in the archives room with no information on when it was taken or who is in it.
It was taken outside the building at the former Center Street location. The church received the print from the family of Charles Myers who died in 1952.
If you have any knowledge about the details of this picture, please contact Jan Haberman or Becky Dorr - 419 - 289-0507 Christ United Methodist Church.
First United Brethren
United Brethren church was founded in 1867 and the first pastor was Rev. R. Watson. The present pastor is M. L. Hartman (1915) and there are 320 members. The first house of worship was erected on East Walnut street in 1870. In 1894 the congregation having outgrown its first church they erected the new modern and attractive church at the corner of Center and at Washington streets. In 1905 a handsome parsonage was built. The church has been marked by steady growth and growing influence in the city that it serves. Sunday school work is especially strong.
This is from the Ashland Ohio Centennial Home Coming Week>July 26-July 31>1815-1915, page 77. Reprint 1994