First Christian Church of Ashland, Ohio was located at the corner of Orange and Fourth Streets and formed one of the oldest church denominations in Ashland. It was the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) on Cottage Street, by Michael Riddle in 1824.
This church was located on the southwest corner of Orange and Fourth Streets. This church was replaced with presumably the above church because of the increase in the congregation. In 1922 this building was replaced with the cornerstone of the church at the corner of Cottage and Fourth Streets, at the total cost of $90,000, with a membership of 700.
Rev. A. B. Robertson served as pastor from 1914-1928.
David P. Enck, was instrumental in having an addition built in 1961 and Rev. Harry C. Dougherty was pastor when a 3-story educational wing was constructed.
In 1973, a new $46,000 Schantz pipe organ was dedicated in a special recital by Christopher Donges. Isa Downs being instrumental in the furnishing of the parlor behind the organ chamber after the 1961 addition.
Mary Kelly a missionary to China in 1895 with ties to the church.
Mary Burns, an active church member and mother of nine was nominated as Ohio Mother of the year.
The congregation abandoned this church building in.
Margaret Finney served for 14 years in the Belgian Congo, now the Republic of Zaire in Africa. Marlene Rumbaugh Johnson was ordained in the ministry of Christian education and Nikolas Donges, who in 1966 was the pastor of the Portsmouth Ohio Christian Church. Mary Hall served as religious education director for many years.
Arthur Vanosdall, Willis Williams, Charles Sharrock, and Dr. Arthur Gorsuch were faithful Sunday School teachers.